Janean’s Bernina is proud to offer you an exceptional teaching staff and superior classes. To make it enjoyable for all, please familiarize yourself with our policies. Thank you for having confidence in us as we further your sewing, embroidery, and quilting knowledge.
- You may register for classes at the store, by phone, or on-line. Class fees must be paid in full to reserve your seat.
- The class fee does not include supplies or materials for the class unless noted.
- The supply list will be given at time of registration and it is your responsibility to collect/purchase the supplies before class. If you register online and do not see a supply list to download, you may pick the supply list up in the store.
- Students may cancel a class for a refund 72 hours (3 days) before the class begins. Cancellations must be made in person or by phone and may not be done via e-mail. Out-of-town teachers are non-refundable (see below).
- Special events and certain classes (out-of-town teachers) are “non-refundable”. A student may sell/transfer their reservation to another individual if they are unable to attend. Please contact us with the details prior to the event/class.
- Due to copyright laws, all class attendees must have their own copy of the required book/pattern/magazine/handout/DVD for the class/workshop. Absolutely no photocopies allowed in class and no sharing of embroidery designs, patterns or books.
- In the case of inclement weather, students should call the shop before the start of a class to see if it has been postponed/cancelled.
- At the teacher’s discretion, classes that do not meet the minimum number of students may be rescheduled or canceled. If canceled, a full refund will be issued.
- Students are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the class/workshop to set up their area.
- Students should come prepared making sure her/his machine is in good working condition before arriving to the class and that all homework is finished (if homework was requested)
- Students should refrain from wearing strong perfume as a courtesy to those who are sensitive to perfume.
- Cell phones should be silenced or set to vibrate – if you need to use your phone, please leave the classroom to do so.
- Please be considerate and make arrangements for your children during class time.
- All class/workshops that require a sewing machine are B.Y.O.M. (bring your own machine).
- Don’t forget to leave your work area clean!